The Colin Smith Memorial Binocular Challenge
“The Colin Smith Memorial Binocular Challenge is in memory of the late Colin Smith who was a great advocate of the use of binoculars in astronomy. As befits Colin’s memory this is not a race to be the quickest to complete and is not regarded as a competition but more a gentle exploration of the night sky through binoculars. There is no timescale in which to complete the challenge and no prizes for completion, but a certificate of achievement will be awarded to anyone who completes the challenge.”
To download the form, please click on this link ColinSmithBinCh2019.
Further information can be obtained from Dave Alexander or Kerry Powell.
You can download the following past Observer Group Challenges, as follows:
When submitting a challenge remember:
- Complete the form by hand please;
- Additional marks will be awarded for your remarks and comments;
- It’s OK to use a GoTo Mount;
- Additional points will be added for any supplementary information i.e. drawings or photographs taken with a DSLR, any ordinary digital camera but no long exposure professional type photos;
- You don’t have to complete the list. Remember you can still receive a certificate of achievement even if you haven’t observed every object on the challenge;
- Happy Observing and Good Luck.